MEDIC Regional Blood Center update
MEDIC stats as of March 26: To date, MEDIC has had 85 drives cancel with an estimated loss of over 2,500 products.
MEDIC action steps:
• Donors at the four donor centers and all mobile drives will be seen by appointment only until further notice.
– This will allow donors to follow the 6’ recommendations for distance from others.
– This will also allow donor flow to be smooth and reduce wait times.
• Temporary inside mobile drive at Morristown Utilities located at 441 West Main, Morristown, TN, 37814:
– March 30 – April 11
– Monday through Friday – 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
– This location will see donors by appointment only. Please call 865-524-3074 or go online to schedule an appointment.
• As blood is an essential resource for the healthcare system, and in an abundance of caution to protect the health and wellness of both our donors and collections staff, we have implemented the use of N95 masks so that we can continue to collect blood through the COVID-19 situation.
• Staff, donors and visitors undergo a daily check-in upon arrival at any facility or mobile drive.
– The check-in includes a temperature check as well as answering questions on about if they feel healthy and well and if someone in the household has been diagnosed with COVID-19/Coronavirus.
– Temperature must be 99.5 degrees or less to continue.
• MEDIC has setup waiting areas so that donors are separated and not sitting next to one another.
• Donors may be asked to wait in their car until we are ready to screen them.
• We will not allow more than two donors on a bus at one time.
• We are asking donors to please continue to check the mobile drive schedule daily as the schedule can change.
FRANKFORT – Attorney General Daniel Cameron warned Kentuckians of new charity and Medicaid scams related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)... read more