Jachimczuk’s 17 points pace LMU in 68-54 win over Tennessee Wesleyan
Published 8:54 am Wednesday, December 4, 2019
HARROGATE, Tenn. — LMU junior forward Maggie Jachimczuk tied her career high as she led all scorers with 17 points to lead LMU (3-3) to a 68-54 win over Tennessee Wesleyan Tuesday in Tex Turner Arena.
HOW IT HAPPENED
• LMU went inside early, shooting out to a 13-5 lead over the first eight and a half minutes.
• TWU cut the lead to 19-10 to open the second quarter, but Jachimczuk’s first 3-pointer sparked a 13-0 run to give the Lady Railsplitters the 32-10 lead at the second quarter media timeout.
• The Bulldogs would cut it to 34-18 before a pair of Shermeria Quarles free throws put LMU up by 18 (36-18) at the half.
• Wesleyan came out on fire in the third period and rode the back of 60 percent shooting from the field to spark a pair of runs that cut the LMU lead to 47-40 with 2:20 remaining in the quarter.
• The Lady Railsplitter defense would then stiffen in the fourth quarter as they held TWU to only 20 percent shooting and two made field goals for the final stanza.
• Jachimczuk tied her career high of 17 points. She also had 17 against UVa-Wise last season. She went 6-for-11 from the field, 2-for-3 from three-point range and 3-for-4 from the free-throw line.
• Quarles chipped in 12 points.
• Semajia Ogburn led all players on the boards with eight, while Taylor Cotner-Brabson came off the bench to pull down seven rebounds.
• TWU had two players reach double-digit scoring.
• For the game, LMU shot 40.7 percent from the field, 35.3 percent from behind the arc, and 70 percent from the charity stripe.
• TWU shot 28.8 percent from the field, 20 percent from three-point range, and 77.8 percent from the free-throw line.
• The Lady Railsplitters won the battle of the boards 44-36.
• LMU outscored the Bulldogs 18-4 on second-chance points, and their bench had 32 points in the paint to 14 by Tennessee Wesleyan.
The Lady Railsplitters will continue their three-game home stand as they step back into South Atlantic Conference play when they host Queens on Saturday at 2 p.m.