Call for nominations for the East Kentucky Leadership Awards
Published 9:32 am Thursday, January 17, 2019
The 2019 East Kentucky Leadership Conference will take place April 25-26 in Harlan County. The conference will recognize community leaders during the awards banquet on the evening of 25th in the following categories,
• Culture/Arts: Given in recognition of outstanding contribution to the advancement of culture/arts in the region.
• Media and Technology: Given in recognition of outstanding achievement in the field of news publication, broadcasting, technological innovation and/or digital communication.
• Organization: Given to recognize groups that have organized to provide a needed service to the region.
• Public Individual: Given to recognize an individual whose public service is dedicated to the betterment of the region.
• Private Individual: Given to recognize an individual whose private service is dedicated to the betterment of the region.
• Youth Leadership: The award goes to a young person in eastern Kentucky who has demonstrated excellence in leadership and service to the region.
• Tony Turner Award: Given to an individual, group or organization that has demonstrated major contributions to the betterment of the region. This is a special award that is not given every year.
To nominate someone in your community, go to https://eklf.org/awards-nomination.
You may email your nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail them to 46 East Main Street, Whitesburg KY 41858, in care of Dee Davis.
The conference will bring people from eastern Kentucky together to network, share ideas and create a unified front to address the problems facing the region. Any person or group aspiring to take on a leadership role in eastern Kentucky is encouraged to take this opportunity to meet with other leaders from the region.
“This conference is a great place for people from all walks of life to come together to learn about important issues in the region, share their own perspectives and help think about solutions,” said Peter Hille, board chair of the East Kentucky Leadership Foundation. “The conference isn’t just for elected officials or recognized leaders, it’s for everyone. We call it a leadership conference because everyone can exercise leadership by taking part in building a brighter future for our region.”
Additional information is available on the East Kentucky Leadership Foundation website: www.eklf.org.
Founded in 1988, the East Kentucky Leadership Foundation was created to promote leadership in eastern Kentucky. Now in its 30th year, EKLF continues to encourage leadership development, communication and collaboration throughout the eastern Kentucky region.