Man arrested for robbery, assault
Published 9:53 am Friday, October 13, 2017
Middlesboro Police Department Officer Nick Capps arrested a man on Oct. 9 on a warrant taken out by Kentucky State Police Trooper Taylor Mills on Oct. 7.
According to the citation, Kevin Perkins, 28, of Middlesboro was arrested after Capps served the aforementioned warrant for first-degree robbery. Perkins was charged for the offense with another unnamed male defendant. The citation states that the two used or threatened immediate use of physical force against two people with the intent to accomplish the theft. The unnamed male was armed with a deadly weapon.
The citation also noted a charge of third-degree sexual abuse stating that Perkins subjected the woman to sexual contact without her consent. He was also served an outstanding warrant for failure to appear on shoplifting charges over an incident on July 27 of this year.
Perkins was lodged in the Bell County Detention Center under and $5,500 bond.
In other police news:
• Brandon Butler, 32, of Middlesboro, was arrested on Oct. 12 by MPD Officer Michael Smith on charges of two counts of first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance, possession of a handgun by a convicted felon and buying or possessing drug paraphernalia;
• Kathy Greene, 54, of Middlesboro, was arrested on Oct. 12 by MPD Officer Joel Quillen on charges of first-degree possession of a controlled substance and public intoxication;
• Robert Garren, 51, of Middlesboro, was arrested on Oct. 11 by MPD Officer Barry Cowan on charges of first-degree trafficking in a controlled substance, third-degree trafficking in a controlled substance, and possession of a handgun by a convicted felon;
• Austin Girdner, 20, of Pineville, was arrested on Oct. 10 by Bell County Sheriff’s Department Deputy Chris Barns on a charge of second-degree burglary.
• Samantha Wilson, 30, was arrested on Oct. 10 by Deputy Jessica Mink on charges of first-degree possession of a controlled substance, buying or possessing drug paraphernalia, non-payment of fines and was served a warrant.