Celebrate National Noodle Day on Friday
HUNT VALLEY, Md. — Set aside the old-school spaghetti and twirl up some new noodles this National Noodle Day Oct. 6. With new Simply Asia noodles, from soba to ramen, as well as flavorful ready-to-serve broths, it’ll take mere minutes to whip up a tasty bowl and top with fresh ingredients like mushrooms, sliced bell pepper and carrots.
“It’s easy to order Asian food on a Friday night – especially during the busy fall season,” said Dr. Wendy Bazilian, McCormick Corporate Dietitian. “But the reality is that these popular takeout dishes – from shrimp lo mein to beef and broccoli, can be high in salt and unhealthy fats. Instead, you can use new noodles and broths from Simply Asia to make an even more delicious, better-for-you version at home in less time than it takes for delivery to show up.”
Not sure what noodle is for you? Pick from one below and build a bowl with broths, spices and toppings:
• Chinese Style Lo Mein Noodles: Denser and thicker than most Asian noodles, Simply Asia Lo Mein Noodles are perfect for absorbing the rich sauce that is traditional to lo mein dishes. Try them in: Egg Drop Noodle Soup, Ginger Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry, Shrimp Lo Mein.
• Japanese Style Soba Noodles: These thin, nutty-to-the-taste noodles are the shining star in cold Japanese salads, complementing sweet and savory sauces and fresh vegetables. They also hold well – pack a thermos of Soy Ginger Chicken Broth and pour over the cooked noodles with veggies for lunch on-the-go. Try them in: Soba Chicken Noodle Soup, Hot Soba Noodle Soup, Cold Soba Noodle Salad.
• Japanese Style Ramen Noodles: Familiar in ramen noodle soup, these thin, long noodles can be used in soups or even served cold in a noodle salad! Try them in: Soy Ginger Ramen Soup, Ramen Noodle Salad.
• Japanese Style Udon Noodles: Thick and chewy, Simply Asia Udon Noodles are in a league of their own. Just add to your favorite noodle soup or combine with ground pork for a deconstructed ‘pot sticker’ stir-fry. Pot Sticker Noodle Stir-Fry, Udon Noodle Soup.
• Stir Fry Rice Noodles: Delicate and thin, these noodles are staple ingredients in Pho. Don’t boil! They merely need to be soaked in hot water for 3-5 minutes until tender. Try in: Pho Meatball Soup, Braised Pork Ramen, Noodle Bowl with BBQ Pork.
Simply Asia® offers a range of authentic products – from ready-to-eat meals to sought-after ingredients needed to create Asian food at home. Following long-kept traditional recipes, our products capture Asia’s distinct character and flavors. The Simply Asia family of brands includes Thai Kitchen, which offers popular coconut milk, curry pastes and noodles, and Simply Asia, which offers stir-fry ingredients and noodle bowls. Visit www.SimplyAsia.com and www.ThaiKitchen.com to explore products and recipes.
For more information, visit www.mccormickcorporation.com.